It’s Double Decker Dinner Time! My favorite kind of one-pot wonderful balanced meal – there’s just something so satisfying about stacking and cooking two foods in one Instant Pot.
This easy recipe begins by using Instant Pot to saute a mix of seasoned grass-fed ground beef taco meat with chopped veggies. We stuff as much as we can into split bell peppers, arranged on a steamer basket – and whatever doesn’t fit is left in the pot and joined by a cup of quinoa. Both layers cook together in just one minute pressure-cooking time!
After the pressure releases, top the peppers with a sprinkle of cheese and close up the lid again for just another minute or two, and it will melt like a charm.
This minimal effort results in a really well-rounded, nutrient-dense meal – cooked totally from scratch. Veggies, whole grains and protein, all dressed up as a cheesy pleaser – perfect family dinner!
flavorrd is a member of the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, and earns a commission for purchases made through the following links:
[Instant Pot] Double-Decker Cheesy Taco-Stuffed Peppers + Quinoa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic minced
- 1 jalapeno minced
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 2 large bell peppers halved and seeds/membranes removed
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 ounce cheddar cheese grated (1/4 cup)
- chopped cilantro to garnish (optional)
- In a pressure cooker, heat olive oil (with Instant Pot, press “Saute” and keep the default heat setting) then add the onion, garlic, jalapeno and chopped bell pepper. Cook until the vegetables are softened, then add the ground beef, spices and salt. Break up the beef into crumbles, and continue cooking until it’s fully browned. If the beef renders an excess of fat, push it to one side of the pot and tip to drain some grease, skimming it out with a ladle. Stir in the salsa and corn. Arrange the halved bell peppers in a steamer basket, and generously stuff them with the beef mixture. To the remaining filling in the pressure cooker, stir in the quinoa and water, then place the basket of stuffed peppers on top.
- Cover the pressure cooker with the lid, ensuring that the valve is in sealed position. Cook under high pressure for 1 minute (with Instant Pot, press ‘Manual’ mode, and adjust time to 1 minute).
- When the cooking time is complete, immediately and carefully open the valve to release pressure. Open the lid and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of grated cheese over each pepper, then close the lid again for another minute or two to melt the cheese. Serve the quinoa and stuffed peppers together, topped with chopped cilantro if desired.
One thought on “[Instant Pot] Double Decker Cheesy Taco-Stuffed Peppers + Quinoa”